Call for Proposals
ICSA 2023 will be held in L’Aquila, Italy between March 13-17, 2022. ICSA 2023 workshops aim to provide a forum for researchers and software architects to explore and exchange experiences and R&D results in the field of software architecture. Rising interest and new development in software architecture, new explorations, software architecture application and integration to other areas of software engineering and new perspectives in software architecture are suitable themes for ICSA workshop.
Workshops may be half-day or one-day events. For ideas of ICSA workshop themes, please refer to past ICSA workshops.
Workshop organizers are responsible for the submission and selection of papers. Submissions must follow the IEEE Computer Science proceedings format, as workshop proceedings will be published in ICSA 2023 Companion proceedings, and appear in IEEE Xplore Digital Library. Workshop organizers may allow for different types of contributions (e.g., technical, position, and case study papers), but a workshop paper should not exceed a maximum of 8 pages in IEEE format.
Workshop proposals must be written in English, not exceed 4 pages in IEEE CS proceedings format, and must be submitted electronically in PDF through EasyChair. Proposals should include:
- Names and affiliations of organizers
- Past workshops (at ICSA, ECSA, or elsewhere) held by the organizers
- Description of the workshop theme and its relations with the field of Software Architecture
- Goals and objectives for the workshop
- Whether you prefer full-day or half-day option
- Hybrid format for the workshop explained
- Justification in case of proposing different important dates than below
Workshop proposals will be reviewed based on:
- Potential of the workshop to advance the state of software architecture research and/or practice
- Timeliness and expected interest in the topic
- Organizers’ ability to lead a successful workshop
- At least one of the workshop organizers needs to register for the conference and attend the workshop in person.
These dates apply to all workshops:
- Workshop proposal submission deadline: September 23rd, 2022
- Workshop proposal notification: September 27th, 2022
- Workshop Call for Submission: October, 5th on ICSA 2022 website and SEWorld
- Paper submission: December 09th, 2022 (optionally abstract on Dec 1, 2021)
- Paper notification: January 13th, 2023
- Workshop program publication: February 2023
- Camera-ready workshop papers due: January 27th, 2023 (firm)
- Workshop dates: to be announced
Notes: All deadlines are 23:59h AoE (anywhere on Earth)
- Robert Heinrich, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
- Javier Cámara, University of Málaga, Spain