Call for Student Volunteers
Student volunteers play a crucial role in ensuring the success of ICSA. Being a student volunteer is a great opportunity to meet with academic and industrial researchers and practitioners in the area of software architecture. Volunteering at ICSA 2023 is available to undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. students from all over the world. The conference will take place from March 13 to March 17, 2023, in L’Aquila, Italy. We are mostly looking for volunteers who can help onsite, but a few opportunities for remote volunteers are also available.
- Preparations before the start of the conference (e.g. preparing conference badges)
- Duties during the conference week
- Registration duties (helping attendees to register etc.)
- Technical assistance to speakers and attendees
- Providing directions to various locations at the conference
- Availability from March 13 to 17, 2023. Ideally, a few days before March 13 for preparations.
- Complimentary registration to the main conference and/or workshops in case the SV is not the sole attendee representing an accepted paper at ICSA. Please take into account that each accepted paper at ICSA has to have one paying registration and SV benefits do not count against that.
- ICSA 2023 Student Volunteer T-Shirt, all attendee gifts, meals during the conference, and social events.
- A great opportunity to meet and talk about research or your interests with academic and industrial researchers as well as practitioners.
- Build connections with your future colleagues.
- Must be enrolled as a Ph.D., Master, or undergraduate student at the time of the conference.
- Must be proficient in English and have good social and communication skills.
- In case the number of applicants exceeds the demand, we will consider students having already published in ICSA as a distinguishing criterion.
- Please fill up this application form.
- Arrange for a letter of reference from your academic supervisor or other faculty members at your institution. This recommendation must be emailed by the student’s supervisor to the Student Volunteers chair (Dalila.Tamzalit@univ-nantes.fr) with the mandatory subject “ICSA2023SV Reference for <Student Name>” by the faculty you indicate in the application form. The letter should cover your organizational skills, proficiency in English, and anything else that will help us to select you as a student volunteer.
Traveling and Accommodation
- Student Volunteers are responsible for their own travel arrangements and accommodation.
- Application (including reference letters) is currently open. Please note that the due date is before January 31, 2023
- Notification date: February 6, 2023.
- Student confirmation: February 10, 2023.
Visas and Funding Options
- Please visit the information page https://vistoperitalia.esteri.it/home/en
- Visa support letters: if you need a visa support letter to apply for a visa, be sure to let the Volunteer chair know as soon as possible.
- If your university requires specific information not included in the Notification of Selection as a Volunteer in order to approve funding for travel, be sure to let the Volunteer chair know as soon as possible.
- We suggest checking travel support by either international or national research funding agencies from your country or by your university/research group. A non-exhaustive list of possible resources follows:
Student Volunteer Chair
Dalila Tamzalit, Nantes Université, LS2N, Nantes – France. Dalila.Tamzalit@univ-nantes.fr
Should you have any other questions, please send me an email, always including ICSA2023SV in the subject of your emails.