Being a student volunteer is a great opportunity to meet with academic and industrial researchers and practitioners in the area of software architecture.
Volunteering at ICSA 2022 is available to undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. students from all over the world. The conference will take place from March 12 to March 15, 2022, in Honolulu — Hawaii (USA) by adopting a hybrid format.
- Preparations before the start of the conference (preparing conference bags, preparing conference badges, etc.)
- Duties during the conference week
- Registration duties (helping attendees to register, etc.)
- Technical assistance to speakers and attendees
- Providing directions to various locations at the conference
- Availability from March 12 to 15, 2022. Possibly, a few days before March 12 for preparations.
- Free registration to the main conference and/or workshops.
- Free ICSA 2022 Student Volunteer T-Shirt.
- Free conference bag.
- Free lunch during the main conference and/or workshops.
- Free social events.
A great opportunity to meet and talk about research or your interests with academic and industrial researchers as well as practitioners.
- Must be enrolled as a Ph.D., Master, or undergraduate student at the time of the conference.
- Must be proficient in English and have good social and communication skills.
- Please fill up the application form: https://forms.gle/DhBfvRgqeLejCUAk6
- Arrange for a letter of reference from your academic supervisor or other faculty members at your institution. This recommendation must be emailed to the Volunteers co-chairs (Matteo Camilli, Aurora Macias); with the subject “ICSA2022SV Reference for ”) by the faculty you indicate in the application form. The letter should cover your organization skills, proficiency in English, and anything else that will help us to select you as a student volunteer.
Traveling and Accommodation
- Student Volunteers are responsible for their own travel arrangements and accommodation.
- Application due date (including reference letters): October 31, 2021
- Notification date: November 8, 2021
- Student confirmation: November 12, 2021
Visas and Funding Options
- Please visit the information page https://esta-center.com/en/hawaii/index.html
- Visa support letters: If you need a visa support letter to apply for a visa, be sure to let the Volunteer co-chairs know as soon as possible.
- If your university requires specific information not included in the Notification of Selection as a Volunteer in order to approve funding for travel, be sure to let the Volunteer co-chairs know as soon as possible.
- We suggest checking travel support by either international or national research funding agencies from your country or by your university/research group. A non-exhaustive list of possible resources follows:
Student Volunteer Chairs
- Matteo Camilli, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy
- Aurora Macías, Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
Should you have any other questions, please send an email to both of us.