ICSA has formed partnerships with the prestigious software engineering journal Elsevier Journal of Systems and Software (JSS) to incorporate journal-first papers into the ICSA program. Through this initiative, authors of journal-first papers accepted in the partnering journals will be invited to present their work at ICSA, thus providing an opportunity for the authors to engage directly with the community and offering the ICSA attendees an additional dimension to the research track program.
The journals that support the journal-first model as partners with ICSA is:
A submission to the ICSA 2020 call for journal-first paper presentations must adhere to the following criteria:
- The associated accepted journal paper was accepted to JSS no earlier than November 1, 2018 and no later than December 1, 2019
- The paper is in the scope of the conference.
- The paper reports completely new research results and/or presents novel contributions that significantly extend and were not previously reported in prior work.
- The paper does not extend prior work solely with additional proofs or algorithms (or other such details presented for completeness), additional empirical results, or minor enhancements or variants of the results presented in the prior work.
- The paper has not been presented at, and is not under consideration for, journal-first programs of other conferences.
How to submit
The authors of a paper that respects these criteria are invited to submit a one-page presentation proposal consisting of the paper’s title, the paper’s authors, an extended abstract, and a pointer to the original journal paper at the journal’s Web site. Use the title “Extended Abstract – title of you original paper”. All submissions must conform to the Author Instructions (please ignore Info about double-blind review process). If the journal paper extends previously published work (such as, a tool demo or a poster), then the proposal must include a section listing the main contribution that are novel to the journal paper. If the paper is not online yet, then specify so.
Please submit your extended abstract to the EasyChair submission system.
Evaluation and selection
Authors will be invited to present their paper at ICSA 2020 after a check that the paper satisfies the above listed criteria. As the papers have already been reviewed and accepted by the journals, they will not be reviewed again for technical content. In case an exceptionally high number of submissions is received, not all papers will be selected. Priority will be given to the papers that:
- Increase opportunities for authors to attend ICSA, who might not otherwise attend. In other words, priority will be given to papers with authors that have no (or fewer) papers accepted at the other ICSA tracks.
- Best fit the technical program, offering a balance across the conference topics.
If there is further need to select from papers with the same priority, then they will be selected based on a lottery.
- Submission deadline: January 30, 2020 AoE (Anywhere on Earth, UTC-12)
- Notification: February 07, 2020
If a submission is accepted for the journal-first program, at least one author of the associated journal paper must register and attend the conference to present the paper. A journal-first presentation will be scheduled in a session with topically-related Technical Track or other appropriate track. The journal-first manuscripts are published through the journals and will not be part of the ICSA proceedings. The journal-first papers will be listed in the conference program.
For more information please contact the Journal-First Paper Chair:
- Ivica Crnkovic, firstname.lastname@example.org, Chalmers | University of Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Sam Malek, University of California, Irvine, US
- Alessandro Garcia, Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Andrea Zisman, The Open University London, UK
- Lucy Ellen Lwakatare, Chalmers | University of Gothenburg, Sweden