Call for Submissions
The International Conference on Software Architecture (ICSA 2017) extends the WICSA and CompArch history and tradition as the premier gathering of practitioners and researchers interested in software architecture, in component-based software engineering and in quality aspects of software and how these relate to the design of software architectures.
The Industry Track at WICSA/CompArch focuses on presenting and discussing current challenges and state-of-the-art solutions and innovations by enabling dialogue between software architects and engineers and the research community. The industry track will focus on concrete software architecture problems, and descriptions of applied case studies and success stories. Following its tradition, the track will gather highly-qualified industrial and research participants that are eager to communicate and share common interests in software architecture. The track will be composed of invited talks, paper presentations, and panel discussions, with a strong focus on software architecture in practice.
TYPES OF SUBMISSIONS
We solicit four types of submissions:
- Experience report and case studies papers (4 pages): Each paper should provide a clear take-away value. It should describe the context of a problem of practical importance; discuss why the solution of the problem is innovative, effective, or efficient; provide a concise explanation of the approach, techniques, and methodologies employed; and explain the best practices that emerged, the tools that were developed, and/or the processes that were involved. Accepted papers will be presented at the conference and included in the ICSA Proceedings.
- Technology opportunities or needs (4 pages): Each paper should raise a current challenge, unsolved problem or opportunity, a trend or new technology area on which researchers and practitioners could fruitfully engage. Accepted papers will be the bases for working sessions at the conference and included in the ICSA 2017 Proceedings.
- Tutorials (60 min presentation): We seek proposals for 60 minute architecture-related tutorials, providing the audience with new knowledge in a specific area of knowledge and/or technology. Proposals should be 2 pages in length (maximum), and give a clear overview and outline of the topic to be presented, along with a
description of the presenters’ credentials. Tutorials may optionally be accompanied by a 2 page overview for publication in the ICSA 2017 Proceedings.
- Technical talks (30 min presentations): Presentation proposals should be 1 page (500 words or less) describing first-hand experiences, lessons learned, or practitioner-focused research. Presentations may also provide research challenges or vision statements.
All submissions will be reviewed by members of the Industry Track Program Committee. Submissions must not have been previously published or concurrently submitted elsewhere. Submissions will be evaluated on the basis of practicality to industry, originality, significance of contribution, applicability, quality of presentation, and discussion to related work.
FORMATTING AND SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Abstracts (mandatory) due: 18 February 2017 Papers due: 23 February 2017 Papers notification: 10 March 2017 Camera-ready due: 16 March 2017
INDUSTRY TRACK CHAIRS
- Rich Hilliard, Independent, USA
- Heiko Koziolek, ABB Corporate Research, Germany
INDUSTRY TRACK COMMITTEE
Anders Alminger – Volvo Cars, Sweden
Thekla Damaschke – Jeppesen, Sweden
Remco de Boer – ArchiXL, Netherlands
Jesper Derehag – Ericsson, Sweden
Peter Eeles – IBM, UK
George Fairbanks – Google, USA
Anton Jansen – Philips, Netherlands
Grace Lewis – Software Engineering Institute, USA
Eltjo Poort – CGI, Netherlands
Antonino Sabetta – SAP, France
Karen Smiley – ABB, USA
Magnus Standar – Ericsson, Sweden
Girish Suryanarayana – Siemens Corporate Research, India
Harald Wesenberg – Statoil, Norway
Eoin Woods – Artechra, USA